Do you get stuck if you get a question like “How long did it take to build the Great Wall of China?“
What about “I am the Roman emperor and you are my general. How many soldiers do I need to conquer Great Britain?“
You can get questions like these in your final round, where cases are less structured – I actually got both questions myself in my finals.
That’s why we will dedicate a full section to cover market sizing and how to avoid common mistakes (a common one is to say that your estimate is based on your experience – one of the typical no-no in market sizing).
Don’t trust those that say market sizing is not predictable: there are 4 types of market sizing structures (and no, they are not the ones listed in Case in Point) and you should know all of them to be sure you have solid knowledge on this part of the interview.
In this session we will cover the following and more:
- The 4 main types of market sizing you won’t find in any other book or guide
- The one thing that impress interviewers the most in market sizing
- The key numbers you need to know to avoid surprises in market sizing
- Practical examples for each type of market sizing with solutions
Once completed the session, you will know how to instantly crack 90%+ of all the possible market sizing, and have the tools to crack the other 10% as well.
If you are preparing for McKinsey, if you prefer we can do the session on the PEI instead of market sizing, given it is not that common for that firm. Please have a look at the ‘Optional Sessions’ section below.